Get a Free Quote
Taxi at the last minute? Call Us / SMS / WhatsApp :
The new rules from March 2022: basic green pass and no quarantine to enter Italy
The new rules for entering Italy
The anti-Covid 19 vaccine is no longer needed to enter Italy. On March 1, 2022, the new ordinance signed on February 22, 2022 by the Minister of Health Roberto Speranza came into force, softening the existing rules until February 28. Any traveler or tourist who comes, for example, from Australia, Japan, the US or Canada must observe the same rules that apply to European citizens.
The state of emergency expires on March 31 and the Italian government has already said that it will not be renewed.
The ordinance of the Ministry of Health
The new rules for entering Italy were established by the Ministry of Health with an ordinance of 22 February. “Starting from March 1, 2022, for arrivals from all non-European countries, the same rules already in force for European countries apply.
One of the conditions of the green pass will be sufficient for entry into the national territory:
- vaccination certificate,
- recovery certificate, or
- negative test “.
This means that the vaccine is no longer mandatory.
Stop quarantine (but not always)
The order of the Ministry of Health also provides for a stop to quarantine for those arriving in Italy from non-EU countries. The measure remains for those who do not present one of the three required certificates (vaccination, recovery or negative test).
Should it be necessary, the quarantine must be observed for 5 days at the address indicated in the Passenger Locator Form (Plf). At the end of the quarantine, a molecular or antigenic swab must be done, which means that the vaccine is no longer mandatory.
Must-know information for a safe travel from/to Rome airport
Let’s fly again, easil and safely. Plan your journay to the airport with these
5 basic rules before arriving at Rome airport
- Do not go to the airport if you have a fever (over 37.5 ° C), respiratory infection symptoms or loss of taste and/or smell.
- Check that you have all the required documentation for your destination before arriving at the airport of Rome and check the airline’s website for any additional certifications.
- If possible, check-in online, bring everything you may need on your trip and have all documents ready.
- Wear only the surgical mask or upper protection (FFP2-FFP3) when you enter the Rome airport and make sure you have enough masks for your trip. Children under the age of six, people with disabilities not compatible with the continuous use of the mask and those who interact with them are not subject to the obligation.
- Arrive early at FCO or CIA to have enough time for checks and new procedures.
COVID-19 Essential information at Rome airport
Health checks on all arriving and departing passengers are carried out by medical staff
Every day from 24:00 to 3:00 the departures and arrivals areas of the Leonardo da Vinci International Rome Airport will remain closed to allow the necessary space sanitation operations.
The bars and restaurants remain open to guarantee refreshment services for passengers passing through the airport; please note that commercial activities have temporarily reduced their operations. The service of vending machines has also been enhanced so that they are always adequately supplied and can guarantee an adequate service.
The Border Police will take care to ensure that there are no delays and crowds of passengers in transit struggling with filling in the forms for self-certification.
Rome Fiumicino Airport opening hours
The following airport information is useful before departure. Fiumicino Airport closes from 12:00 AM to 03:00 AM for sanitation procedures.
Rome Ciampino Airport opening hours
The following airport information is useful before departure. Ciampino Airport closes from 12:00 AM to 04:30 AM